Saturday, January 30, 2010

day four-driving

After a slight confusion on if we were going to selma vs salem Alabama we hit the last civil rights stop. we hit Selma Alabama. (michelle thought we were going to lose our life at any moment) But it was awesome to stand is such amazing places. To see how hard the freedom marchers had to work/some lost their lives, to gain the right to vote. I am so happy I was able to go and see this place with my own eyes, feel the bricks on the very church where Dr. King gave one of his amazing speeches. I am very grateful for my sister putting up with my nerdy (exciting, spiritual, inspiring, amazing) tour. And I just thought you like to know; I relish in being the only white person in a town. I love it. :)
As for the rest of our day, we drove today. Drove, Drove, Drove..... (I love all the trees. :) )
Ever wonder where the geese go in the winter, oh, the south.... :)

And Don't forget.....


6 comments:

Michelle said...

So.. I have lived in the south for a while now and RARELY feel uncomfortable in a town. That's saying something.

And the comment out of Anna's mouth the most. "I just love the trees"

Jared said...

I don't blame you Michelle with signs like that last one!

red said...

You would have loved living in D.C. once someone stopped and asked us if we were lost because we were white in our OWN neighborhood. we kindly explained that we just lived two blocks away. It was hilarious. I'm glad you got to live one of your dreams.

Brandt said...

If you are the only white person in town where is your sister??

grandma blair said...

I am so glad that you were able to go on this trip. You have an amazing husband who has done a really good job taking care of your kids. We all miss you and will be happy to see you home again.

red said...

Okay it's been like two days now I need more blog updates. I have no life and if you don't update your blog then I will have to go to bed on time...help me out here :)