Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Food- I know, too many posts

My sister Michelle is a little bit of a Domestic Queen. She has always enjoyed cooking and always been an amazing cook. I tried her recipe tonight but wanted to show everyone my version. :)
Here is HER VERSION
Mine is a little more white trash/easier. :)
First, I used tenderloins, and didn't trim the gross parts.
Next, I poured milk and vinegar in the bag with the chicken (didn't measure any of it) and let it sit for oh, maybe 15 minutes.
Then I got my Italian crumbs and my cheap not freshly shredded Parmesan out, and let me 4 year old go at it.

Sprayed the pan and chicken with canola oil spray put in oven.
Next, I found some string beans I bought last week that I was so excited weren't bad yet. I sprayed pan and put garlic salt on them (that's close to her version right?)
Flipped chicken half way as instructed, then when it was almost done poured prego right from bottle onto chicken. (why dirty a dish?)

Lincoln loved this dish as do we. Its really good, and it only took me about 30 to 40 minutes start to finish. I was impressed with how fast it was.

Next is dessert. This was so fun. Jared's grandma gave us this recipe.
Find a microwavable mug (Lincoln did this whole thing by himself, and loved it)
1 egg
3Tbs Milk
3 Tbs Oil
dash vanilla
4Tbs Flour
4Tbs Sugar
2T Cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbs choc chips

Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes
Watch it grow. Allow to cool a little, then dump onto plate, slice and eat!!!
It was a little rubbery but still good enough for 2 1/2 minutes!!! I put mine in milk and it was perfect. (I'm totally sucking at the biggest loser contest this week. )

Can you tell I learned to make movies today. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The cake looks good, and I love your version of the chicken. I wish I had a lincoln at my house to touch chicken for me. :)
Good job on the movies!

grandma blair said...

I had the same thing for dinner last night. Wish Lincoln had of made it for me though. fun Video