We told Lincoln he could have a friend party or have a vacation with his family this year. Luckily he chose vacation. We had a blast, we haven't gone on a vacation just us since he was 9 months old! We headed to St. George. It took us FOREVER! But we all survived.There was a splash pad close by and we loved hanging out there and just being silly.
On his birthday Jared made a treasure map for Lincoln (because a pirate had stolen his treasure aka presents, and Lincoln needed to find them). The map was a little hard but eventually all presents were found. :) Mom is already having major remorse with the birthday presents. Two nerf guns.....sigh.....I think they will "get lost" very soon. But don't worry I gave sunday clothes. If you ask him what he got for his birthday he says, "Well my mom gave me sunday clothes, BUT MY DAD GAVE ME GUNS!!!!"
In St. George there was a huge tub, the kids took baths everynight and Loved it. It was really fun!
On his actual birthday we put him in charge. We asked what he wanted to eat, and what he wanted to do. He's easy to please. Video, Wii, play games (uno) eat mac and cheese. :)
We all had belly aches from the very non-nutritious day. And his sister is so adorable she takes all the attention, but we tried hard to remember it was his special day and play what he wanted and not let Ruby boss us around. :) Sometimes it's hard to have the cutest sister on the planet.
And things only a mother could know.... :)
1. He talks into the doorknobs because he can see himself, so he'll be walking and just pause to act something out in a doorknob.
2. He wears his Sunday socks all day to help him remember it's Sunday. (his idea)
3. A clean room to him is making the bed. If the bed is made it's clean enough.
4. He's still pretty traumatized over the youtube michael jackson thing, and if you open youtube he usually "needs to go potty".
5. He doesn't like fruit; apples are pretty much the only exception. But will try most veggies. :)
6. Asks for Mac n cheese everyday, could eat a whole box if I let him. But his mean mom has a once a week rule.
7. Climbs the tree and hides when he's mad.
8. His testimony is so strong it gives me faith. He loves to give it at sacrament, but we have a every other month rule...he still begs every month.
9. He has pretend friends, they come to play when he is bored. Anty has been around since he was 3. He's a little ant, perfect for travel. ;)
10. He'll shower until the water goes cold, he's doing informercials in there. He'll stop if he sees me. But sometimes I love to just listen at the door. He's got some pretty cool stuff he's selling. :)
11. He says things under his breathe. Usually about me and how I'm crazy. I secretly love it.
And Last but not least, I love this poem I stole from my sister-in-law.
Now We Are Six - A.A. Milne